Urbo - Europe's leading dockless bike sharing platform
We are an Irish company, with a fusion of expertise in technology and bikes. Our team and partners have deep roots in the bicycle and technology industry, along with extensive experience in the area of urban planning. Urbo's team has worked alongside councils and advocacy groups throughout Europe.
Urbo's team is driven by the conviction that the best way to promote sustainable and integrated local transit is to offer the most advanced technology and an extremely user-friendly experience.
OUR CORE VALUES
▪ 30 years experience in the bicycle retail industry
▪ Eight years experience in designing, manufacturing, marketing and selling his own toys (including bikes and scooters) worldwide, with annual turnover in excess of €50 million
▪ Customers include Walmart, Toys-R-Us and Target, amongst others
▪ Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
▪ Iain has 30 years experience in the cycle trade
▪ Managing Director of a successful bike-to-work scheme in Ireland.
▪ Provides student bikes to 20 universities
▪ Owner of an Employee Benefits Provider, with a corporate client base of 6,000 companies across Europe, including Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon and Ebay
▪ Co-founded Ireland’s largest private school
▪ Tom is on the board of CMS Learning Centre, a charity based in Ireland
▪ In 2016, featured in ‘30 under 30’, a publication in a national newspaper which profiled the country’s 30 best business people under the age of 30
▪ Brian is a qualified civil engineer from Dublin, Ireland
▪ Co-founded Ireland’s largest private school
▪ Vice-Chairman of Ireland’s largest soccer club Cabinteely F.C.
▪ In 2016, featured in ‘30 under 30’, a publication in a national newspaper
which profiled the country’s 30 best business people under the age of 30
“I have worked in digital marketing for over 7 years now. I began my career in New York, where I really discovered my passion for all things digital. Since then, I’ve worked in some of the best media houses in both Ireland and London, including the co-ownership of my own agency in Dublin. I have been fortunate to work with some great global brands, such as IKEA, Novartis and Diageo. I’ve also had the pleasure of working with great Irish brands such as Eir, RTE and Energia. I’m delighted to be a part of the Urbo team and excited to see us grow.”
“I graduated construction engineering and was working in the profession until 2007, when my sector was affected by the recession. Soon after, I completed a web and graphic design course, and then set up my own design studio providing website design, digital marketing – building many successful brands for over 6 years. I was always quick to familiarise myself with new technologies and developments within the online industry, and that skill drove me to take up a new college degree in Cloud Computing. I am currently working as an Information Systems Manager at Urbo and I am very excited to be part of a very energetic and talented team.”
“I graduated DIT in 2006 with a BSc. in Management and Marketing and have been working in the bicycle industry since 2009. During that time, I have operated a bike shop and have also been involved in developing a new bicycle brand. I have experience in all aspects of the bicycle industry, from product production, retail, distribution and more recently, the Irish Government backed cycle to work scheme. In my spare time, I race my bike at the highest domestic level and also commute into the Urbo offices by bike every day. So, you could say that my life revolves around bikes!”
“I am a recent graduate of Biotechnology in Dublin City University. Throughout college, I worked in various sales executive roles. Although Urbo is my first job in the bike industry, I’ve been riding bikes on a daily basis since 2013. I have competed in many races around the country including the Wicklow 200 and Skoda series as well as racing at an A4 level. So I guess you could say I know bikes inside out. I commute daily, by bike, to and from the Urbo offices – starting the day by breaking a sweat!”
“I studied Science with Nanotechnology in DIT where I gained practical experience in lab research, and developed abilities in analysis techniques, as well as the usual learning theoretical aspects. Since then I’ve been computing and tutoring – such as when I tutored a Leaving Cert student to go from possibly failing in O level Maths to getting the highest mark possible in just one weekend. I’m a very competitive person, being the youngest of three brothers, so I’m always looking for the optimal option or solution to anything. I’ve seen and been inspired by the work done by Urbo, and I’m now thrilled to become part of it.”